Thursday, March 19, 2020

Coronavirus

 I didn't really want to talk about this however, it is affecting my life more than I thought it was going to. Last week I went to West Virginia to visit a friend that goes to school over there and the virus wasn't as intense as it is now. It has gotten to the point where we are now on lockdown and people are ordered to stay home. The reason why I want to talk about it is because I work at a grocery store and as of today stores are being closer except for grocery stores and a couple of others. I find this to be frustrating because of how serious it is. We must work even with all this going on we were given a extra 10% off but I don't know if that is enough. At first I will admit that I wasn't taking it seriously but after coming back from my trip it has become worse and more serious.
The thing that also frustrates me is how much food and supplies people are buying I am a cashier and I see what people are buying. People buy so much food that will go bad in a couple of days which will lead them to get rid of it or one customer said that he doesn't need it but just in case. I feel like a lot of people are stress buying and not really needing any of the stuff they are buying which can take away from the people that actually need it. This goes for the toilet paper as well, believe it or not there has been a couple of people that come to our store and stand outside trying to sell toilet paper to our shoppers for a ridiculous price and thats what bugs me the most is people trying to make a profit from important things that people need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coronavirus

 I didn't really want to talk about this however, it is affecting my life more than I thought it was going to. Last week I went to West ...